Sunday, January 29, 2006

Update: January

So, once again I've got nearly a one month lapse in the old blogeroo. So, here's a mini update to tide people over until I get a real entry done in the (hopefully) near future:

    Started classes again. Realized that they're all pointless and assanine wastes of my time. Seriously. I sit in lectures and realize that I could be teaching the same thing, only much better and with an actual bearing on the education of those involved. With this in mind, I've started completely zoning out in classes, or not atttending at all.

    Start a small war with my flatmate after she goes crazy on booze and drugs for the umpteenth time. Tried to get her kicked out of the flat, only to find out that by the time anything could be done, I'd be back in America. I seeth.

    After 10 years, I stop being a chicken and get a Prince Albert. Google it if you're unsure. Syndie filmed the entire process, but in a tasteful manner.

    Syndie and I trek to ASDA twice now on foot. Remarkable not because we went to ASDA, but because we walked at least 6 miles to get there. We did ride the bus back though. Read more about the adventures here.

    I attend my first Burns Night/Portuguese Night party. Probably the first BN/PN ever in recorded history. I see the haggis be addressed, then violently stabbed. I partake of haggis and bacalhau. Because of weight loss, the kilt would not stay up, and was not deemed socially appropriate.

    Charlie comes back from London after being 3 weeks late for school, only to inform us that she got married over Christmas break. She then leaves the following Saturday to return to her new hubby. In a drunken stupor, I bawl like a baby in the toilet of flat 103. However, there is now a chance I can move to Charlie's old room, which is much more quiet than my current hell hole.

    This next weekend, I will go to see Stonehenge, London, and Amsterdam. Yes, all three in one weekend. No, I am not doing amphetamines.

    I will go to Bath in two weeks to see the Roman baths (dur!) Whilst there, I will imagine that I am not surrounded by tacky tourists, but rather surrounded by the suave and genteel characters Jane Austen wrote about there.


I hope this tides you over for a bit. I'll hopefully blog again in the next few days, but heck... who am I kidding?