Sunday, April 01, 2007

Clothes As Pages

My artist book idea fell apart yesterday, due to some incidents that still chafe my ass. Desperation breeds innovation though, as I've always learned. So, deciding that my original idea to build a small-scale armoire was just too much, I instead made the scale real.

I'm now making a mock closet using one of those portable closets on wheels. I'm using actual shirts/jackets/underwear as pages in my book. I'm painting, and spray painting, and inking a short story on the clothes. And. It. Will. Work. Damnit.

I'm supposed to be writing the story now, but I can't get into it. I think it's gonna have to happen fairly organically. At least, that's what I'm praying right now. I need to look for the photos I'm going to put on the clothes, Banksy style.

Jesus, I hope this works. *sigh*