Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Agenda: The Ting Tings

I have an agenda. It's to get people to listen to more diverse musical acts, and experience an artist they might not normally gravitate towards. (Unless you're Rui, in which case you probably heard their album 2 months before I even heard of the group. He's amazing that way.)

This week's spotlight artist is the Ting Tings. I don't really know much about them, and can't be bothered to look up info about them. I just know that they kind of sound like a quirky mix of CSS and New Young Pony Club. One of their songs is on an iPod ad right now, but our tv reception is crap so I haven't seen it. I just listened to the clips on iTunes and though the album was worth checking out.

Since today is cloudy and gross, I decided to add a sprinkle of sunshine by offering the Ting Ting's Fruit Machine. Enjoy!