Friday, January 06, 2006

On Proposals

No silly, not wedding proposals (although I have received one since I got here... but that's another story.)

I'm supposed to be working on a proposal for my Experimental project. Only 500 words, outlining what I want to do for my big project, and how I plan to set about doing it. It's mainly so that I can get assigned a tutor that will best be able to aid me in the endeavor. However, this stupid proposal is driving me nuts. Every time I think I've got an idea hammered out, I come up with something new, and scrap the old idea. Seriously, the idea for the project has changed about 30 times now, if not more. Some have been rather lavish productions, until reality encroached, and other have been extreme minimalist productions. I'm uncertain what to do. This is the main focus of my time here (at least for me) with education, so I want to make this project worth while. I want a show piece that I can take back to Idaho and be proud to show people. Not some goofy semi-funny 10 minute piece that looks like any old person off the street did it. I want something that will wow the crowds. Maybe I'm just thinking too grand scale, and putting too much pressure on myself. I don't know.

Hopefully I can decide on something in the next few days. I think I've got a main idea worked out, but some of it's going to be complicated. I also want my Panasonic DVX-100 camera back. I want to film on a DV camera worth my time and effort. Whaah!