Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Week Off

I'm now back in Plymouth, after my great trip to Portugal. Plans in London were a bust, so I had to come back to Plymouth sooner than planned. While that was a bit of a bummer, it wasn't such a bad thing due to tube strikes in London and a lack of money. So, in the mean time, I've just been wasting a large amount of time with Syndie this last week. So, here are some of the things that we've been doing to fill our time.

Smallville Drinking Game: After watching numerous episodes of the show Smallville we were able to notice certain trends that happen in EVERY episode. After you have an extensive list of trends, it's just natural that you'd start a drinking game. Every time they do something on the list, you take a shot of cheap Chardalusco wine. 3 episodes in, and you're totally plastered. Whoohoo! Syndie wants dibs on blogging game details, so I'll refer you to her blog.

Children's Art: When you're walking around the City Centre, and you see a wall plastered in artwork by children, what do you do? If you're me, you get the twisted idea to draw things and write things left handed, so that it looks like a kid did it. For instance, draw a dog's head with foam all over the mouth. Then write underneath, "Sandie looked like she ate ice cream. Now she lives with Jesus." Then, go to the City Centre late at night, and hang your artwork with the other drawings. Yes, I do realize I have issues.

Stare At the Window of Chelsea of Whittard: This is one of my favorite stores. A whole store devoted to coffee, tea, and chocolate. It's like Jesus made this store just for me! The reason that I stare at the window display all the time is because there's a gorgeous Gaggia espresso machine in the window, and it's been reduced from 300 Pounds to 150! A great price, but still a little too steep for me, when I can't take it back with me, and can't drop that much money for a few months of espresso. So, in the meantime, I'm just forced to stare and lust at the window display.

School starts anew next week, but I don't want it to. I still have assignments I was supposed to do over the break to complete (er... start) and I just can't be bothered. I also need to figure out my new schedule for this term. Hopefully it's not as messed up as it was last term... but I'm sure it will be. Arrrgh!