Monday, March 05, 2007

Feist - The Reminder

Yeah, so I was bad and got a "preview" of the new album of Feist. I wanted to see how she'd matured as an artist, and if I liked her any more than I did on her first album. Don't get me wrong... I loved the first album, but I found myself a little bored with it after a while. It just didn't have the repeatability factor that some albums have.

Anyway, I just realized I'd been listening to the song "I Feel It All" on repeat for nearly 20 minutes, which is pretty remarkable. Admittedly, there was that day I listened to Travis's "Love Will Come Through" for an entire day, but that was a fluke, rather than the norm. I swear!

Yeah, her new album is pretty damn good. It's mellow like her first album, but seems to be better produced and some better self-editing seems to have taken place. I'd definitely recommend giving it a listen at some point.