Thursday, March 15, 2007

Screw you, Marvel

I can't believe that the end of Civil War was so damn anti-climatic, and that this was then followed up with the assassination of Captain America by a sniper. LAME. LAME. LAME. Cap'n was that perfect combination of cool and sexy that rarely comes along, and they kill him with a sniper. Arrrgh!

Rui has a good suspicion that the Punisher will take over as Captain America for a while, which could be cool if it was the MAX version of Punisher, instead of the milktoast regular Marvel Punisher. And no, not just because MAX Punisher swears and has sex; he's just infinitely more macho.

Someone else pointed out to me that as with all "big events" in comics, 90% of the events will be overturned in the near future. Sheesh... back to soap opera story arcs where people arise from the dead and someone sleeps with a distant (or not so distant) relation. If someone wakes up with amnesia, I'll vomit.

DC is gearing up for their Countdown/WWIII thing in May. I hope it's not as lame as Civil War ended up being. Hopefully Black Adam goes totally bonkers and wreaks some serious havoc. I wasn't all that into him, but during the course of 52, I've come around to liking him, and liking him best when he's a little psycho/angry. Kind of how I best enjoy myself, ironically enough.