Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Avant-garde Book

I turned in my final book project today, and I'm kind of worried about it. I tried to go avant-garde with my final design, since it had worked so well for me on the previous project. I just think I may have gone a bit too avant-garde for Pocatello. It's technically a book, but the form and function has been completely messed with. It's circular in shape, and kind of looks like a paper octopus exploded on my professor's desk right now. Hell, I should get extra points for experimenting and sewing sheers onto a metal frame though.

It'll be interesting to get feedback after Paula opens her door and finds it on her desk tomorrow. I'm sure she'll not be thrilled about it, but at this point, I don't really care.

I miss the experimental factor and the critical evaluation portions of the education in the UK. They were more impressed with you branching out than they were with the final product, and the critical evaluation allowed you to share what you'd really learned through the course. I know this would have saved me, as I could have defended my work and shown what I'd learned through the course of the class. Oh well. Such is life.