Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Scary Movies

Last night, Kellyn asked me what the scariest movie I'd ever seen was. I had to think about it, since I went through a phase during high school where my friend Jason and I watched hardly anything but horror films. I'm pretty sure we'd seen nearly every horror VHS tape our little rental shop owned.

Initially, I'd told Kellyn that it had been "Lady in White" which is quite a scary movie, from what I remember. I just remember getting really into it and being quite freaked out.

When I got home though, I got thinking about it more, and remembered the uber-creepy "Suspiria" by Dario Argento. It's a tripped out film about a Yank girl who goes to dance school in Europe, and discovers that there's something evil afoot at the dance academy.

I found a copy of it today, and I can't tell you how excited I am to watch this film again. Even if it's not as scary as I remember, it's got a copy of the soundtrack by Goblin, and that sure as hell is enough to scare anyone.