Friday, May 11, 2007

No More Bear on the Bus

I just got reading a very sad story over at Pam's House Blend. A bus driver in Georgia was fired after his Bear411 profile was passed through the school where he worked. Once again, it more or less boiled down to a "protect the children" and a "pushing his sex life on others" defense.

For the record, you have to be a registered user to be able to search the site. You can access someone's profile by accessing the link directly, but you have to know that person's profile name. So, obviously, some wanker was on there for whatever reason, and wanted to get somebody else fired.

I'm tired of vindictive assholes. I'm tired of people being so vicious towards each other. I'm tired of America. I can't imagine what we'd do if we found out that Lady Liberty was a Muslim lesbian. I can just imagine a giant statue burning, surrounded by a crowd with pitchforks, as real liberty and justice look on and weep.