Sunday, January 23, 2005

Blogtertainment Tonight

The following is another email that was sent to friends, to answer questions that arose from the creation of my blog.

"Okay, to answer everyone's questions...

A) "Blog" is short for a weblog. It's basically like a journal that you can write in, with the exception that said journal will then be published to the internet. This can have advantages, such as letting friends/lovers know what's going on in your life, or the extreme disadvantage of having say, your parents happen across your blog, like what happened to Oliver. Oops!

B) As for rumors that I have been kidnapped, drugged, or have been the victim of identity theft, I can say with all assurance they they are untrue slanderous theories created by "The Cleaner." There was the one time I was sold as a sex slave in Marrakesh, Morocco, but it has nothing to do with the situation at hand. Instead, I'm just letting those little moments of insanity that run rampant inside of my head to have some fun in the sun. Think of it as "Rick's brain goes on Spring Break to Cancun, gets wasted, gets married, has an annulment, and life goes on as usual."

C) I'm noticing an astonishing LACK OF COMMENTS written on my blog. I'm assuming this is because you guys have all been crafting repartees that will leave me breathless with either laughter or soul-shaking thoughtfulness, and are polishing those up before you post in the comments area. I'll just go ahead and assume this is the case, and leave a friendly reminder of where my blog is located. http://blandella.blogspot.com/

D) I have now just realized that I've missed nearly an hour of "Masterpiece Theatre" on PBS tonight. GRRRR!!! Tonight was part one of a 5 part series! Now I'll be left for over a month not knowing what is really going on with this great show. At least I have the knowledge that "Two Thousand Acres of Sky" is on after MT, so I can watch Kenny's funeral and have a proper time of closure.

Laters,
Rick"