Friday, January 21, 2005

New Horizons on the Sea of Life


I was recently inspired to create this blog.

This is not me. I don't do things like this! I'm the same guy that two weeks ago was complaining about blogs, because I thought they were worthless wastes of time for lonely women with too many cats. Hey, we all know the type...and yes, I do worry that I will one day find myself being their male counterpart.

So what changed? I visited Andrew Sullivan's website last week, for the second time ever, when he had a link to another guy's blog. So, I visited said blog. And that guy had interesting friends with blogs, and they had more interesting friends with blogs. This makes me think to myself, "So why have I been deprived of a blog for all this time? Do I not deserve the joys of sharing my thoughts, ideas, and ideals with the masses? Oh hell yeah!"

So, here is my first post. Nothing special. Hopefully, I'll spend more time posting on this, and create my own little nebulous world of friends with blogs, so that one day I'll inspire some guy to create a little blog of his own.