Monday, January 24, 2005

I miss Jennifer.

I miss Jennifer. She's one of my best friends, but she decided to skip town after she finished grad school last year. Now, she's over on the east coast far, far away from me. If this was a rap feud, she would be Biggie, and I'd be Tupac.

I talked with Jennifer on the phone for a while tonight, even though it was eating into my anytime minutes. We discussed a number of things including the insanity of writing blogs, Elton John concerts, finding the perfect SUV on a student loan payback budget, and whether French or Spanish is the sexiest language. I still contend that French wins hands down, and not just because I was using my sexy breathy voice when I was speaking in French. Take it from someone that has dropped both French and Spanish classes, French is sexier by far.

Ah, Jennifer! I haven't had a waitress in Applebees walk by and give me nasty looks because I didn't leave for two hours since you left. Nor have I spent multiple hours in a Pizza Hut or Quiznos, although I had far outlived my welcome. You were right, people here just don't enjoy the fine art of conversation. That's what I appreciate about you.