Thursday, July 21, 2005

4th of July (A Little...or Lot....Late)

Here's a quick collage of pics I made from MK's photos of the Summer Crew hanging out in Park City over the 4th of July weekend.

Admittedly, I thought I'd have blogged about that weekend a few weeks ago, but much like everything in my life, it's been pushed aside until a later date. Since it's a little late to give a play-by-play of the weekend, I'll just touch on some of the highlights.

Sunday: As we traveled to Park City, S. and I decided to make a song on my PowerBook using GarageBand. Since I've never really used GarageBand, it was as good a time as any to learn the program. We ended up goofing around, and made a middle-eastern sounding tune, which we promptly named "S.'s Asian Erotica Mix."

When we got to the condo (which was really nice), we played some games, had some dinner, did a little wandering, and then goofed around the condo. Around 11 that night, a neighbor came over and asked us to be quiet. This was fine, except for the last sentence where she said, "or the next people that come over here will be the cops, rather than me." Since she'd just had a baby, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume it was the hormones affecting her, and she's not naturally such an incredulous bitch. Nah...she's a bitch! Learn some manners, and stop with the unwarranted threats, lady.

Monday (4th of July): Happy B-Day America! We set off in the morning in search of breakfast. Apparently, Park City residents take their national holidays very seriously, as hardly any restaurants were open. We went from restaurant to restaurant trying to find a place to eat. We finally found one, where they refused to make separate checks when we ordered. Um, excuse me, but I've worked food service, and know that it isn't any harder to do separate checks than it is to do one. And, the food was only mediocre...and expensive. My buckwheat pancakes tasted like ass after about 3 bites. Maple syrup drenched ass, but ass none the less. They also sat in my gut like a load of bricks for the rest of the day. I give buckwheat pancakes in Park City two emphatic thumbs down.

We then wandered around the town, goofing around. We even went to the old prison, which is where I think Martha Stewart should have served her swanky incarceration. I guess there's still hope Lil' Kim will come to her senses.

That night, we went across the street and experienced the joy of the fireworks. This experience was even more poignant as a rogue bottle rocket escaped and wizzed a few feet away from our heads. There's nothing like the threat of having an eye poked out to make fireworks that much more colorful... or the inside of your underwear.

There was also a lot of booze that night. I discovered that Southern Comfort and Coke tastes almost exactly like Nyquil when mixed together. It also messes you up pretty well. It was on this night that I got drunk for the first time in my life...and it was a doozy. Falling down in the street type drunk. Bawling on S.'s shoulder for a half hour type drunk. Never want to do that again type drunk.

Tuesday: We headed back to Pocatello in the morning, with a stop in downtown SLC for food. If you're ever in the mood for a good breakfast in SLC for a cheap price, and in a cool building complete with a miget-sized door for the servers, then head on over to Lamb's on Main. Yum! Even with a nasty foggy-headed hangover, it was pretty good.

I then went home and slept the rest of the day. *sigh* It was a crazy but exceptionally fun weekend.