Thursday, July 14, 2005

American Falls Idol

I wish I could sing karaoke.

I went to sing karaoke with some friends last night, and wanted to do it...but couldn't. I'm an okay singer, so that's not the problem. The problem is that I suffer from stage freight something terrible. I get all sweaty and suddenly have a weird form of psychosomatic asthma attack. My chest gets tight, and I can't breathe. It sucks!!

What drives me nuts is that I want to do it, but my body/mind won't let me. I was going to rock the Scissor Sisters' "Take Your Mama Out", but freaked out and couldn't do it. Trent decided to do it instead. He just stood there while he sang it. I would have at least shaken the booty a little bit, even if only a little. You can't sing Jake Shears and just stand there! So later, I was going to do George Michael's "Freedom 90", but again was deterred by sweaty palms and a lack of air.

Sadly, you can't be a power tenor and a coward at the same time.