Thursday, August 11, 2005

Artist(s) O' the Day: Thursday

Today's featured artist is a collective of artists known as Digital Kitchen. Digital Kitchen has done some incredible work in television and film lately. I first discovered DK when I watched the intro to "Six Feet Under." DK created one of the most memorable intros to a television show I've ever seen. Then, as if to one up themselves, they created just as incredibly well thought out intros for "Kingdom Hospital" (yes, the show was horrible, but the intro is still amazing) and the intro for Fox's "House." DK has also done a number of creative commercials and other work. Recently, they created the incredible intro for the Tour de France coverage in the US.

I'm glad to see that DK as been nominated for two Emmys this year for their hard work. Congratulations!

To see the creative works of DK, please visit their website, and go to the section labeled "Work." It's all flash based, so I couldn't get pictures.