Monday, January 29, 2007

Movie Blog

I just got a surprising email. I got asked to join a movie blog, where I guess I'm supposed to blog about films that I've seen. Apparently they found Blandella and thought I'd make a valid contribution.

I balk though, because I seem to have vastly different tastes than the average film consumer. I agreed with Lisa Schwartzbaum when she said that Little Miss Sunshine was tired. Maybe if Thumbsucker and The Squid and the Whale hadn't both come out recently, it might have seemed a bit fresher, but I just felt like I'd seen LMS before, because it felt like recycled bits of dysfuctional-family dramedy mixed together for something new. I do, however, concede to the fact that the final dance scene was one of the funnest scenes I've seen in a long time.

I also look at what's playing at my local theatre, and realize that I'm surrounded by asinine twits in the general community, at least here in Pocatello. They love to settle for the worst of the worst, and support it wholeheartedly. Perhaps I just don't understand the common man. Does that automatically make me uncommon?

Anyway, I don't know what to do... so I'll just waffle in the mean time, and go watch Catch a Fire for my class on Wednesday.