Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Personality Testing plus Book Making Woes

I want to do a personality test on people in Idaho Falls sometime, mainly to find out why a good proportion of the people there don't seem to have one. Tonight was the second coffee night my work hosted up there, and I'm just amazed at the people up there. Don't get me wrong, there were some great guys who showed up, but there were at least 4 of them who had as much charisma as the chair I was sitting on. I just don't get it, and it seems like I meet quite a few people up there who are similarly lacking in any signs of life.

There was also a closet case in the Quiznos we stopped in for dinner. He kept staring at us the entire time he was there, including the long, deliberate walk past our table while he made sure to make lingering eye contact with all of us. Ben said the guy looked like a "camping buddy" and we all laughed, knowing exactly what he was getting at.

On to book making. The mock up is due on Thursday for the book I proposed this afternoon. This is seriously getting to me. I have 48 hours to make a quick version of my final book, including the materials I'm supposed to use on the final project. Um... I don't even have time to go look at materials in the next 48 hours, let alone plan out the entire project. Some of us have 6 hours of work tomorrow or more, 5 hours of class, and a whole bunch of homework for other classes. Not to mention the fact I've had class and work tonight after I left book making class. Arrgh... I hate that the Mass Comm department still refuses to be realistic about students' schedules.