Thursday, February 08, 2007

Duran Duran

Two references to Duran Duran this week so far, and I'm running to get my hands on their Greatest Hits. Duran Duran is great! My sister Jan had a huge crush on them in the 80's, so it wasn't cool to like any band who your older sister has giant wall posters of. I missed out on some good music because of her. Why couldn't she have been all about the Judds like Amy?

The first reference to Duran Duran this week was in Layer Cake, where a guy beats the crap out of another guy to "Ordinary World" and I'm left thinking to myself, "why don't more people get beat nearly to death to Duran Duran songs?" Personally, if someone decides to give me a severe beating, I hope I hear "Come Undone" in the background.

The second reference came this afternoon from Syndie, telling me something about getting "No. No. Notorious!" I guessed the band, she was supposed to drink. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if she did or not, but it was 4:30 in the afternoon, so I'd feel like an alcoholic enabler if I was forcing her to drink dirty martinis before dinner.

Next karaoke session, I might stick with KT Tunstall, but I'm definitely dropping Pete Yorn for Duran Duran. Hells yeah.