Saturday, April 23, 2005

What a Drag!

I went to the 9th annual ISU drag queen show last night. Diva IX: Allure. It was actually a lot of fun. Sadly, I was around for the second annual Diva show, so it made me hyper aware of how long I've been around the university here.

I had to laugh at parts of the show. Only in Pocatello would the pre-show talent, a group of Queens from the neighboring indian reservation, not be allowed to perform...because they all got arrested the night before! There were rumors of paint sniffing violations...but I'll leave that for the non-PC rumorville. There was also the moment when I realized 3 of the 7 drag queens worked at the McDonalds across from the university. How odd. However, my comment of them being "Burger Queens" was not appreciated by the people I was with. Oh well, it made me laugh. Their loss. I also laughed when one of the Burger Queens almost fell, after her heel got caught between the stairs and the stage. That's what she gets for always skanking me when I get food at McDonalds. PS, bitch, you're a little too fat to be wearing the see through lace outfit you did. Blech!

I also realized that I knew one of the drag queens personally. He's the brother of a girl I used to be friends with. I got to meet his boyfriend, who unfortunately shares the name of a brand of cheap liquor, and catch up on how his family was doing. Life can be so interesting at times.

So, that's my report on the drag show. For Blandella News, this is Rick ****** reporting.