Monday, July 10, 2006

Les Bois

It started Friday night, when I traveled to Boise with S & W. I'd forgotten how amazingly boring and ugly the trip to Boise is from Pocatello. If watching farms, rocks, and sagebrush is your idea of exciting, then I guess you'll enjoy the trip, but if you're like me, you'll be bored to tears. My "amazing" mix disc for the trip actually ended up being pretty crappy too. That's what I get for randomly grabbing songs for a playlist in iTunes.

Friday night was actually a lot of fun. We met up with some of S & W's friends in the Boise area, and went out for a bit. One interesting trend I've seen the past two weekends though, is that we keep meeting people with money, who have to emphasize how much money they have, and how much all of their possessions cost. I was also reminded that having money does not equal having class. The nouveau riche in Idaho and Utah just don't seem to realize that.

On Saturday morning, we were supposed to go see Superman Returns on the IMAX screen, but our plans got curtailed. One of the dogs at the house we stayed in decided it needed to attend with us, but got confused and ran away. Perhaps it was jonesing for Pirates of the Caribbean 2 instead. Either way, by the time we caught the dog and returned him to suburban entrapment, it was too late for super Supes. Damn.

The rest of the day was spent at the Farmers' Market in the city centre, eating incredible pizza, sipping a Starbucks, and picking up Sadie, aka "Cutest Puppy in the World." Sadie's a two-month-old beagle puppy with large, sad eyes, who enjoys snuggling and long walks in the grass. Then again, at her size, 20 feet (6.1 meters) is a long walk. If permitted, I'll try to get a pic of Sadie up on the blog.