Thursday, June 30, 2005

Kidnapped...

S. and W. kidnapped me last night, and took me to Blackfoot; aka Mini-Murderville USA. A few years ago, it had a higher homicide rate than Chicago, and that's for a town of about 5000 people.

S. wanted me to meet his friends that are up from California. They're sign language interpreters that are here to take a few summer classes at ISU. They were house sitting for a professor/friend in Blackfoot, and taking care of her two dogs, Max and Buddy. Buddy is obese, and is suffering from a bad back and hips. Max was in a car accident as a puppy, and lost one of his back legs. I don't think he's realized it yet though, so it didn't seem like such a bad thing.

If you're ever kidnapped and taken to Blackfoot, demand that your kidnappers take you to dinner at El Mirador like S. and W. did. They've got some great chile verde (and I loves me some good chile verde) and other food. I wanted to try the molcajete (Mexican stew - yummy!) but it cost quite a bit, and I felt bad since S. was paying.

In other news: I'm off to Park City, UT this holiday weekend with S., W., and the sign-language crew. We're going to stay in a condo there, and just hang out. It should be a lot of fun. I'm taking my digital camera, so if I spot any celebrities wandering around (even C-listers), I'll make sure to get some pics. Do celebs hang out at Park City if Sundance isn't going on? Guess we'll see...