Thursday, April 06, 2006

Electrofunk Lesbians

Why yes, I have been blogging... but not here. Teehee. I needed to take a short break with Blandella and work on some other stuff that needed to be commited to cyberspace (since paper doesn't exactly happen anymore.) I needed a less visible (er... known) venue to conduct my publishing.

I was recently saddened by iTunes not offering the DFA Remixes: Chapter 1 and was forced to go to my local HMV and purchase it today. After two store employees and I scoured the store for 20 minutes trying to find the 6 copies they had, I found that the store price was higher than the internet store price. Over here, the online stores are ususally separate entities from the brick-n-mortar stores, though both housed under the parent company, so they can set their own prices. Odd, I know. Anyway, I used my NUS student discount and got it for the same price. I know I could have waited and got it in the US... but why wait? A bird in the hand, and all that. I quickly ran home, ripped it to iTunes, put it on the iPod, and went running at the iGym. I've been remiss about attending the gym over the last month, and thought this was a good time to get back into the flow. Worked the legs too hard, and have jello thighs tonight. Grrrr....

While I was out shopping, I found the coolest present for Rui. Since he's probably going to read this, I won't say what I got for his return from Lisbon. We'll just say that it was marked down incredibly, and he'll most likely wet himself like those submissive dogs that wee everywhere when you go to pet them.

I've been in a depressed funk yesterday and today, since Syndie left (Whaaah!!!) and Rui is out of town for a week (Whaaaah!!!) I was looking in a store and found a copy of the book The Hours that the movie was based off of. It was only 99p, so it was tempting. I didn't watch the film for a long time, because I was in my stolid good-boy phase (some know what I'm talking about.) After I watched it, I really enjoyed it. I just couldn't get the book today. Reading about depressed lesbians would probably set me over the edge today. Maybe tomorrow.