Sunday, April 30, 2006

Musical Magic 8 Ball

I found this while perusing MEK's archives this morning. There's a set of questions, which will be magically answered by the shuffle setting on iTunes. Since Syndie refuses to acknowledge the glory of iTunes, she is not allowed to play. Okay, maybe she can with Wincrap... er... amp, but there's no guarantee to the validity of her answers.

Here's what to do. Ask iTunes the question, and see what mystical answer iTunes plays from your complete Library when put on shuffle play. No playlists here! Like the original author stated, no use of the same artist twice, or I'd have them all end up Ryan Adams. Then, interpret at will.

1. How does the world see you?
St. Patrick's Day - John Mayer
Must have been as close to St. Rick that iTunes could manage at the time. Does this mean I have to cozy up to Ratzi? Yuck.

2.Will I have a happy life?
Sure Shot - Beastie Boys
This answer is made even better by a dog saying "I love you" at the beginning of the song. Double happiness points!

3. What do my friends really think of me?
Especially For You - Kylie Minogue
I knew their worlds revolved around mine, but now I have divine proof!

4. Do people secretly lust after me?
Makes Me Wanna Die - Tricky
I'm not sure if this is a yes, or a no. Either I'm repulsive as hell, or Tom Cruise secretly wants me, and is going to kill me. He'll probably do it dressed as a clown too, because he's all messed up like that.

5. How can I make myself happy?
Be-In - The Dandy Warhols
The song's about drugs and being alone in my room. Guess I'll give it a shot.

6. What should I do with my life?
Biological - Air
Nice. Really nice. Rub it in that I changed my major from Biology a long time ago, iTunes Powers That Be!

7. Will I ever have children?
Factory Girls - Flogging Molly
Not only a resounding yes, but with much destiny described too. Looks like my family's going back to their roots.

8. What is some good advice for me?
Live Again - Better Than Ezra
Damnit. I gotta go check my karma.

9. How will I be remembered?
Save Your Day - Jose Gonzalez
I hope this ties in with the St. Rick thing, and I'm getting a national holiday.

10. What is my signature dancing song?
Ooh La La - Goldfrapp
I swear it's still on shuffle! The iTunes is all powerful!

11. What do I think my current theme song is?
Chemical Party - Gavin DeGraw
Well, looks as if I have some drug issues I didn't know about. Or, I secretly harbor desires of becoming a druggie. I'd prefer to be a Kate Moss coke-nose than a Whitney Houstan crack-whore though.

12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Anything But Down - Sheryl Crow
I can live with that.

13. What song will play at my funeral?
If I Am (Acoustic Version) - Nine Days
Not exactly what I would have chosen, which leaves me wondering who's in charge of the arrangements. At least it's not some dopey hymn though.

14 What type of lover do I like?
Your Sweet Voice - The Reindeer Section
Well, there go my chances with James Blunt. Drat. If only there was a "Your Nasal Voice" song out there somewhere.

15. What is my day going to be like?
The Kiss - The Cure
Hopefully that's in reference to the action, not the band. I don't want to dress like Gene Simmons.

Well, I'm fairly satisfied with the answers, if for no other reason than no completely embarassing songs showed up on shuffle.