Thursday, April 27, 2006

Silent Hill

I'm off to see Silent Hill in a little bit. I'm really stoked to see it, because I have a feeling that this film will go back to what horror movies should be, rather than the mind-numbing toned-down rubbish that seems to have saturated the film industry lately.

It's getting awful reviews. I'm excited about this. Mainly, because I trust director Christophe Gans. While his film "Brotherhood of the Wolf" got horrible reviews, its become one of my favorites. Second, I think that your average person is a nincompoop, and will automatically reject and abhorr anything they don't quite understand. Cross reference the last 3 efforts of the Washowski Brothers here. And finally, when I saw the pictures of Pyramid Head a few months ago, I knew that we were back to bone-chilling freak you out horror. Huzzah!

If nothing else, it can't be as bad as the gory-lameness that was Hostel. I was so disappointed. Gore does not equal good. Didn't the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake teach us anything? Massacre, hardly. Dessecration, for sure.

I'll give a review later, and let you know what I think. I'm just amazed a movie is actually opening at the same time here in the UK as the US, rather than opening here the same week it debuts on DVD there. *sigh*