Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Hogwarts Express

I'm working on cleaning up my iTunes library right now. I need to get some new stuff on my iPod for my trip on the Hogwarts Express this Monday morning.

Hogwarts Express? Huh?

Rui and I leave at noon on Monday for Scotland. We'll be there for two weeks, so don't expect any blogging while I'm gone (especially since most internet cafes are expensive, and I'm officially skint now.)

We're going to Edinburgh for a few days, then over to the west coast, up to Isle of Skye, over to Inverness and Loch Ness (Drumnadrochit!), then down to Stirling, and finally back to Edinburgh. Because we're students, we're able to do it for fairly cheap, staying at hostels and riding on trains and ferries. However, it also means that we'll have an 8 hour train trip on Monday, and another 10 hour train trip back two weeks later. Blech! Luckily, we're riding on the much nicer Virgin trains, which have electrical outlets and are decidedly less ghetto than First Great Western.

After I return on the fifth of June, it's hurried packing and tieing up of loose ends, since my sister got me a free ticket home on the 9th. It's about 5 days sooner than I wanted, but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and all that.