Monday, May 01, 2006

Mini Reviews

Here are three little mini-reviews, since I'm much too lazy to write out long entries, especially good ones.

1) Silent Hill: Like I was assuming, people are stupid. This movie is great! It was one of the best horror films I've seen in a long time. I was tense and on edge the entire time. It is long, but it doesn't feel long. And there's a lot of dialogue that could have been cut, but it was necessary for the story at the same time. Basically, I just think a lot of reviewers didn't quite understand it, and weren't willing to think during a horror film, so they just wrote it off. Christophe Gans did an amazing job once again, though I could have maybe done without every shot needing to be panned, zoomed, or dollied in some manner. Stationary shots aren't a bad thing.

Judgement: Rui and I are talking about going to see it again on Wednesday. That should say it all.

2) The Streets - Some Crap Album: While I haven't officially listened to the new album, I've heard it for nearly 72 hours straight through my right wall. I've also been subjected to the new single in nearly every store in Plymouth. It's awful. Mike Skinner can't rap, and makes some of the worst music I've ever heard.

Judgement: Nearly as appealing as death by dyssentary.


3) Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere: I'm disappointed as hell. While "Crazy" is one of the coolest songs I've heard this year, the rest of the album is a huge disappointment. There are only three other songs on the album I can listen to, and I still haven't listened all the way through an entire song except for Crazy.

Judgement: Save your pennies. Download it if you absolutely must.