Friday, September 22, 2006

Cherry Poppin' Blackfoot

About a month ago, I designed a brochure for the Blackfoot Performing Arts Centre. They've started a new concert series, and needed to do some serious advertising. It was a really good paying piece of work, and gave me some much needed graphic design experience. I'd done some print work a few years ago, but it'd been a while, and this project was a good refresher.

In a sad yet slightly humorous twist of fate, one of the scheduled performers died of a heart attack two days after we sent the brochure off to the printers. Part of me wasn't very surprised, since the man was kind of old when he did one of the songs for the original Rocky soundtrack. And yes, that really was his claim to fame.

Anyway, a replacement had to be found. I'm not sure how, or why... but the Cherry Poppin' Daddies will be gracing Idaho with a performance this spring. Mwahahahaha! I can almost hear all of the old people's heads exploding already. This should be good.