Friday, May 06, 2005

I Hate Decisions

Just when I thought I'd figured out a thing or two, my life's suddenly not making any sense at all.

First, I discovered that I didn't get the job I applied for. The news was broken to me by my boss, who thought I had been told at that point. It wasn't the greatest way to hear about it, since he was assuming I knew. I have a lot I could say about not getting this position, but for the sake of propriety, I'll keep my big mouth shut (or fingers from typing...as is the case.)

Then, this morning, I had to visit the Study Abroad office to tell them that I was turning down my acceptance at Napier University in Edinburgh, Scotland next year. It was going to cost me $19,000 for the year (for the minimum of room/board/tuition) and then they screwed me over on classes. I sent them a huge list of classes I could take over there. They then accepted me based on those classes, and then sent me an email telling me I couldn't take any of the classes I wanted, but only journalism classes they had chose for me. Um, no thanks.

So, feeling like Life had officially spit in my eye or flipped me the bird, I came to work with a sad resignation in my heart. I then opened my email to find a letter from the woman in charge of British study abroad for the group my university works through. She told me there's an opening for me to go to Plymouth, England next year, and pay the same tuition I would if I was here at ISU. They also have some good looking classes. The international experience would make my resume look incredibly good. I'd be in England!!! (Total Anglophile here!)

Oh man! I hate making decisions! I'm so indecisive that I sometimes don't eat dinner because I can't decide what to eat! I spend up to two hours in the video store picking out a DVD, and I think there's something wrong with the fact it takes longer to find a DVD than it does to watch it. I'm a mess. I'm also taking advice. Polls are open.