Sunday, May 08, 2005

Re: Bachelors and Pigs

Yesterday was not like I thought it would be.

The bachelor party got scrapped because about half the people that were supposed to go couldn't. Setting the party for college students the weekend before finals wasn't a great idea. I'm not even in marketing, and I could have told them that. At least I can put off tool purchases for a month or so.

Since this left me free, I should have been able to go get some pig at the pig roast. Instead, I had to wait for J. to get off work from euthanising dogs at the pet shelter, because he was the only one who knew where we were going. Too bad he forgot to inform me he didn't get off work until 8pm! Then, we were supposed to wait for S, who never showed up, so we left an hour late. Apparently S. was hooking up with some trick he met over the internet. Classy. When we showed up at 9pm, the pig was gone, except for some leftovers in baggies. I opted for carrot cake instead. Note to self: Carrot cake + cheap beer = disgusting. I then got stuck babysitting a drunk undergrad who thought I was his best friend. Hooray. The pig roast fiesta of the century was not everything it was purported to be.

I knew I should have just stayed home and watched "Firefly" instead. But then I would have missed out on Idaho Nachos at Papa Paul's at 2am, and more of K's stories about what homeless men will do for beer in Salt Lake City.