Wednesday, May 18, 2005

My Momma Said...

I went to dinner last night with my mom. Usually it's not that big of a deal, because I just sit and listen to her gossip about her co-workers and my sisters. But last night was different. She decided she needed to be more involved with my life. Now, don't get me wrong, I do like my mom, but there are some good reasons that I've kept her uninvolved from my life. She's got major control issues. Maybe not issues...more like a whole subscription.

Anyway, she really made me mad last night. I'll list the reasons. First, she showed up almost an hour later than she said she would. I can understand if she was going to be late, but maybe she could finally figure out how to use her cell phone, and give me a call to let me know.

Second, at dinner, she kept telling me that there's some stupid girl she works with that she wants to set me up with. Couldn't sniff a clue that I WAS NOT interested. She then went on to whine that I'm "not giving her any grandkids." *sniff, sob* Aren't the 9 you have right now enough? If you're that desperate for love and affection, adopt a Chinese baby or something, but leave me alone. I'm not about to ruin my life so you can have more grandkids.

Third, she went on to announce that I will be spending the 4th of July weekend with her and my father, and that I am in charge of planning the itinerary. Actually, I already have plans that weekend, and they don't involve family or itineraries. I don't want to go to Glacier Park or San Francisco (WTF?!?) just because it's a three-day weekend. Besides, my family and vacations go together like alcoholics and open bars...the co-dependent relationships are killer.

Finally, she has also decided that I won't get a job after I graduate, so I need to hurry and switch majors. Yeah. Great idea. I have 15 credits to graduate, so now would be a perfect time to switch majors. I think she's just pissed off because I told her I won't move to Boise. Besides the fact that I just don't like Boise, there's too much family drama there now. I don't need to add myself to the mix, especially if my parents move there like they keep talking about.

So, in the space of two hours, she managed to completely piss me off. I manage to do a fine job of messing up my life on my own, I don't need someone else telling me what to do. Sheesh! I feel like I'm 5 again, but with a better defined sense of frustration.