Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Debauchery Debunked

I just got a phone call from my sister informing me that my planned weekend of high debauchery would now be altered. It looks as if I might have to spend some "quality time" with my nieces after some lovely Utah drama.

Apparently, the painter went apeshit and has demanded that my sister pay him an extra $17,000 by the end of the week, or he'd blow his brains out. Then my brother-in-law caught him outside the house around 11pm with a hoodie pulled over his face, near the master bedroom window. Then cops were called as the painter drove away. Then the car was back at 5:30am. Then deranged painter followed my brother-in-law to his office, and made veiled threats. Then a second police report was made, then a restraining order filed, then possibly security hired. *sigh* Just the phone call left me drained.

So, it looks like I'll be helping entertain the nieces while they're in Idaho for their safety. I'm just hoping nothing comes of this, but it really looks as if the painter owes somebody bad a lot of money. And I've seen Sopranos so I know what happens next.