Saturday, December 30, 2006

He's Hung Like A...

Saddam Hussein was executed early this morning (well, last night for some of us).

I'm still not really sure how I feel about it. Honestly, I worry that this is just opening a big Pandora's box. We're already seeing large numbers of people being killed in Iraq in protests and car bombings due to the incident. I know he was a bad man, but I think there were some other issues that hadn't quite been worked out yet, such as the trials involving the Kurds. I just feel this whole issue got rushed a little bit. I also worry about the PR situation America already has with the rest of the world, and how this is only going to make things worse.

I also wonder if we'll see the same for Bush, though I highly doubt it. He's not exactly spotless in this whole war situation. We've witnessed a laundry list of war crimes he's committed, and I think he'll get away with each and every one, never seeing any justice or accountability. Hell, I'll probably be detained and tortured very soon just for writing this. Such is life in the new Amurka.