Thursday, October 12, 2006

Rough Cuts

I'm supposed to have a rough cut of my ethnographic film to turn in today. Due to the fact that I haven't even shot any footage yet, I won't be turning one in. Hell, I won't even be attending class today.

I've always struggled with rough cut screenings in classes. I don't like showing my unfinished work in group settings, because it really bugs me. I feel like in-progress work can really give a wrong impression, which then lingers and negatively affect the impression on the final work. I also don't like showing my work in front of my fellow students, because I've had too much of my work copied in the past. It's not like I'm innovative either, just resourceful, which gives me a leg up on my lazy colleagues.

I'm rambling. My fairly good mood was destroyed about 10 minutes ago when I found that someone complained about our table yesterday in the SUB, and made a lot of seriously false accusations about things that happened. Guess I better get used to it though.