Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Drip Drip Drop Little April Showers

Saturday night was the annual Halloween Costume Party at the local dive, and we sure as heck were going to look good. My friends and I toiled away for hours making our costumes, making sure that they would meet new standards of hotness never before seen at Chuck's.

I came up with a simple yet ingenius idea for a costume this year. I decided to make a shower costume, a la Karate Kid but opted for the clever trick of making every aspect of my shower golden. We'll see if it takes the reader as long to put that one together as the average patron of Chuck's did that night. Then again, most of you won't be as alcohol addled when you're reading this, so it should take you considerably less time.

I ended up winning $50 for my creative costume, and S got the grand prize of $100 for his Popeye costume. Apparently, Popeye's image didn't get tarnished in the whole spinach/e. coli scandal. S took a bunch of photos, but that was before his camera decided it was thirsty and dove headfirst into a pint of beer. We'll have to see if any pictures can be salvaged. If so, I'll post one or two later.