Monday, October 09, 2006

Well, I'll Be...

Well, apparently I judged things really wrong.

I got the job!! I'm now the Co-Coordinator of the Genesis Project at ISU. It completely caught me off guard, and I really thought that they were calling to let me know I'd been passed over for the job for the reasons I stated previously. I guess my saving grace was that the final decision was left to a neutral 3rd party who had been ill during the interview process. All he had to go on was experience records, and I excelled in that area.

I started this afternoon, which is the same day I gave my two weeks notice at my current job. It's going to be a long week. 20 hours at ITRC, 10 at GP, and classes. Calgon, take me away!

I'm really stoked about this job opportunity though. It'll be nice to move into something new and be challenged again.