Monday, February 21, 2005

Back from my hiatus

Eeks! It's been a whole week since I last blogged. I'm blaming Crash for it, because I got addicted to surfing through all of his archived entries. I'm still convinced we're long lost brothers, thought not in the same sense Crash thought he was with Andrew. (PS Crash - PBS replayed the Damien Rice episode of "Austin City Limits" on Friday night! Whoohoo!)

Okay, that's only a small part of the real reason I haven't been blogging. Mainly I haven't written because I'm going through some crazy things in life right now, and I'm not sure how public I want to make those issues. Also because the main things I'm strugging with are religious issues, and I know those tend to go over like turds in punch bowls in the blogoverse. Seven years ago, I made a major religion change, at the risk of losing family, friends, etc. Seriously, because of the change in religion, I've had friends and family that won't talk to me any longer. The thing is, at the time, things seemed so right. I was willing to sacrifice because of this inner knowledge that things were right and needed to be done. I don't feel that way any longer though, and now I feel like a fool. I guess I've lost my faith sometime during the last year, and it's coming back to haunt me. I feel like I gave up so many things, and now I don't know if I even believe what I was standing up for. If this isn't making any sense to the reader, it's because it doesn't make any sense to me, so I can't articulate it very well.

I went to Boise this weekend to see my sisters. My middle sister, Jan, had a new baby a few weeks ago. I know that I'll come across like the worlds biggest jerk, but I don't think the new baby is very cute. She takes after Jan's oldest daughter, who's either just going through an ugly phase, or is cursed for life. Judging from the father...I'm guessing cursed. I rejoiced when my other sister, Bonnie, confided with me that she thought both of the girls were on the homely side. The weird thing is that Jan's middle daughter is the cutest thing you'll ever see. She could win those tacky baby contests, and this isn't just a proud uncle speaking.

I thought of Corey while in Boise. He was one of those lucky enough to escape from that place. Kind of like a red-headed Snake from "Escape from LA." Hmmm...now I'm beginning to think Corey should start sporting an eye patch. I predict all the cool kids will be wearing eye patches in the near future. Next season's eye patch will be this season's capelet.