Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Office at my office

I felt like I was trapped in an episode of "The Office" today. I think my boss and the boss on the show are long lost soul brothers. The similarities are freaky at times. Luckily, my boss hasn't decided to dance for all of us yet.

Today was one of those weird days when everything is kind of odd or funny. I had a discussion with two co-workers about my purchasing a Mac. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten similar looks of sympathy and confusion if I'd declared my intentions to suddenly become a woman.

Later on, I was in one of my boss's offices (lucky me...I have 3 now!!) with my friend Johnny Starbucks. We were making fake PowerPoint presentations about the movie "American Beauty" so that we could write a guide for professors. I thought the title of "How to Look Good Naked" was a very fitting title. Anyway, Johnny looked over and noticed a bible on my boss's desk. He then started asking "What Would Jesus Do at the Office?" "Would Jesus wear his crown of thorns to the office?" Without even thinking, I replied, "Only on casual Fridays." Finally! One little moment of brilliance comes to me, but only Johnny's there to see it. Oh well.

So, just like "The Office", this post has been awkward and only midly funny. Perhaps there's a future for me at the BBC.

Oh, I promised kittens and rainbows. A fake rabbit and a colour gradient will have to do. It is surprisingly cheery, in a sickeningly sweet kind of way.