Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Point Sappy

I'm disappointed, saddened, and possibly even a little jaded. What, pray tell, has Rick so worked up? It's nothing big really, but I am strongly disappointed with the new Fox show "Point Pleasant".

Okay, so I wasn't expecting anything life changing. The teaser trailers made it look like "Dawson's Creek" crossed with "Dark Shadows." And yes, I will admit I was addicted to both Dawson's Creek and Dark Shadows, but they had a campy trashiness that made them rather endearing. I just can't believe that I don't like this show. After all, Marti Noxon is one of the producers, and has supposedly written some of the episodes! Marti Noxon! Of Buffy and Angel awe inspiringness! (Yep Corey, another guy that dorks out over Buffy and Angel. My sister wasn't pleased that I got my nieces hooked on those shows, but that's another story.)

So, the past few weeks, I've sat in front of my television expecting to be riveted while Point Pleasant is playing. Instead, I find myself flipping through the other channels, with my adulterous heart aching for betraying Ms. Noxon. I just can't do it though. I can't sit through an entire episode of Point Pleasant. It just seems to drag on and on, while everyone acts like poor carbon copies of the "Desperate Housewives" crew. I don't like the main character either. I'm sorry, but she's not a good actress, and she's got the charisma of a block of tofu. The story isn't all that great either. Seriously, am I supposed to believe that Satan's main henchman is really going to buy the entire town overnight? Didn't they lift that plot line from "Little House on the Prairie"? Come on folks, give me something I can sink my teeth into!

So, needless to say, I'm putting Point Pleasant on probation. If they don't get their act together, they're so not invited back to my house.