Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Brock Brock Brock

I'm a huge chicken. I'm supposed to order my new Apple Powerbook this afternoon, but I'm terrified to do it. I've put it off for almost a month now. I've got the money for it, because of a scholarship I got, so that's not the issue. I'm just terrified of forking out that much money for a computer. This is the same crippling fear (lame, I know) that has kept me from getting a computer for the last 5 years. The depreciation value just kills me, and no matter how I try to get around it, I just freak out about ordering the stupid thing. $2000 may be a small deal to some people, but that's 1/5 of my annual income. This is a huge commitment.

The funny thing is, I know I'll love it when it comes. I'm always complaining about having to use the public computers in the school computer labs, and especially having to come to the school at weird times of night to type papers, edit video, etc. Plus, they have wi-fi in the coffee shop I practially live in, so I'll be able to surf my little heart out.

So, I guess I should just get to it and get the Powerbook ordered. If nothing else, it will make me that much closer to completely absorbing Crash's personality. Mwaaahahaha!