Thursday, March 24, 2005

New Trends Explained

Well, I discovered the secret of why young males are opting for wearing girl jeans these days. According to Megan Issac, the boys are wearing the jeans to make them look like rock stars. Apparently, they think that if they wear tight girl jeans, it makes them look like a member of Velvet Revolver. News flash! It makes you look like a douche bag. Stop the hip-hugging madness! Shaggy, unkempt pseudo-female hair cuts, a few Dashboard Confessional CDs, and tight girls jeans (with flairs!) do not make you look like a rock star (or "rawk star" as the hip kids say.)

Perhaps I'm just getting old. Perhaps it's because most of my closet comes from the Gap, and I've been accused of turning into a preppy (a la Zack on "Saved by the Bell,") but I just don't get it. I don't like it. It's tacky. Dear God. I sound just like my mom...when her meds aren't kicking in. I'll stop now.