Friday, March 25, 2005

Ryan Adams, Snobbery, etc.

Jenny from the block (who finally posted, by the way) wrote me an email last night to tell me Ryan Adams will be playing in concert near her in Ohio. Delightedly, I looked up concert dates for my area. Nothing. He's only doing East coast and Canada shows for now. I'm heartbroken. Devastated. I can't go on. My only consolation is that Cold Roses comes out in May, and he's supposed to have two more albums in the next year. He's so prolific.

PS - if you're thinking I spelt 80's star Bryan Adams name wrong, I didn't. This is Ryan, not Bryan. This is the former alt-country hero and frontman of Whiskeytown.

In further news, Alex has a great post about snobbery. Apparently, this stems from my conversation with Alex about abhoring snobs, but realizing we have snobbish tendencies ourselves. Like I commented on Alex's site, I'm the guy that bought the LCD Soundsystem CD, new Steve Madden shoes, and watched Bride and Prejudice at an art-house theatre last weekend in Salt Lake. Pretentious? Me?? Naw...well, maybe.