Friday, March 04, 2005

Cheap and Tawdry TV

I'm not sure what it is about me, but I love cheap, tawdry television. I know this is the reason I love reality television so much. I just can't get enough of the cat fights, scorned lovers, and competitive antics of these people. Freaks, freaks, freaks!! I love it!!!

Recently, UPN has become one of my favorite stations. I know, I know...they don't get much whiter than me. However, with great shows like Missy Elliot's Road to Stardom, America's Next Top Model, and Kevin Hill, I'm loving this station.

I was sad to see the conclusion to Missy Elliot's new show. You got to hand it to the girl for taking all the credit for a show where she only shows up for the last 5 minutes, and mumbles stuff while sucking on a lollipop. I was sad to watch Jessica win. She's a great singer, but I personally got tired of hearing all about her *sob* hard *sniff sob* life *whah*. I guess this is a real-life crack whore to Christian Dior story.


I'm sure black lesbians everywhere rejoiced though. Seriously, there had to be something going on between her and Deltrice. Those girls loved each other just a little too much. Oh, and Deltrice...glad to see you got your mustache waxed for the final episode, but you looked like "Prison Barbie on Crank" with that pink prison outfit and chicken dance you were doing.

With Missy signing off, at least for a few months, we've got a new season of Next Top Model with Tyra Banks.

This show is cheesy, sluty, catty, and just plain nasty...so of course I eat every second of it up! I'll just state for the record now that the Cat Lady, while being a total freak, could have brought some real charisma to the show. So, for the next few weeks, if you need me on a Wednesday night...too bad. I'll be getting my model fix.