Monday, March 14, 2005

iRick

Well, this is the first post written, signed, and posted on my new Powerbook. I ended up getting the lower grade 15" model, but throwing a SuperDrive in it. I edit video, so it's a necessity for me, rather than a vanity upgrade. I should probably get more ram in here too, but 1/2 GB will have to do for now, because I'm poor.

I broke down and bought the new iWork suite while I was at it. I figured it did everything I wanted for a mere $50. Screw paying almost $350 for Microsoft Office for the Mac!

I also downloaded my first paid-for song off the internet today. Well, technically the good folks at Pepsi paid for it. I downloaded Gwen Stefani's "What You Waiting For?" I figured I should use my free song for something I wouldn't normally buy on my own. My niece will be stoked when I let her throw it on her iPod, if she doesn't already have it on the new NOW: 18 CD. My niece is all about the compilation CDs full of every crap song you could imagine.

I'm still debating if I'll download the lcd soundsystem CD before I go to Salt Lake this weekend. It would be nice to listen to on the way there. Then again, I'll probably spend a bunch of money at the British import shop while I'm down there again.